1. Planning Company: JTB Japan Travel Corp.
Address: 2-3-11 Higashi-Shinagawa, Shinagawa, Tokyo
Japan Tourism Agency Registered Travel Agent (No. 1955)
2. If the minimum number of participants (25, or 10 on select days) is not met by 14 days before the scheduled date, the tour on that date may be cancelled.
A minimum of just 10 participants are required for the tour to operate on October 2. Furthermore, if there are no bookings made 30 days before the scheduled date, the tour on that date may be cancelled.
Also, depending on the number of participants a mid-sized tour bus may be used.
Please go to the meeting location on your own.
[Access] Exit JR Nagoya Station via the Taiko-Dori Exit and take the escalator down to the entrance to ESCA shopping area. Turn left at the 2nd hallway and head to the reception counter located at the next corner on the left (across from McDonald’s). At reception, please show a printed copy of the reservation confirmation sheet or a printout of the reservation confirmation e-mail.
3. Included in the itinerary are: transportation expenses listed in the itinerary, the hotel accommodation fee (1 night stay with breakfast), sightseeing expenses, the tour conductor fee and associated taxes. Note that the tour conductor for this tour does not have an interpreter guide certification. Therefore, they are unable to conduct guiding when the tour disembarks at sightseeing locations.
Individual hotel rooms may not be booked for 1 child. Infants (0-2 years of age) cannot join this tour. They will not be able to board the bus even if brought to the tour meeting location.
Bus fare is required for children age 3 to 5 (no meals or bed provided). Please pay JPY 10,000 to the tour conductor for the tour charge on the day.
If changes in hotel room allocation arise as the result of cancellations, differences in payment may arise for other guests staying in the same room.
For example, if two people are planning to stay in one room, but one person cancels the tour,
the person who cancelled will be charged 50% of the tour booking charge, and the remaining one person will have the hotel room charge changed to the one person per room accommodation charge (the tour booking charge increases).
Also, a difference in cost will arise due to using a two person room for one person.
4. Final itineraries will not be sent to participants. The itinerary that is displayed when booking is the final itinerary. Depending on traffic, congestion, weather conditions, etc., the itinerary may have to be altered and/or a site visit shortened. Also, the itinerary order may be reversed. Refunds will not be issued in such cases. Thank you for your understanding.
5. In a typical year, leaves at Tateyama show their autumn colors from late September to early November, starting from the mountaintops and proceeding to the foot of the mountains as the season progresses. Please note that the foliage may not have changed colors yet, or may have already fallen due to climate conditions. The tour will not be cancelled or refunded in such cases. (Typical peak season: Late September to mid-October)
6. Seats are assigned on the bus. Requests for specific seats are not accepted. Participants may not leave the tour midway through.
Please strictly follow all itinerary times during the tour.
Participants who do not follow the group may be asked to leave the tour. Refunds will not be issued in such cases.
7. As this is a bus tour, there is no luggage transport service. Please bring only what you need for a 1-night stay in a backpack or other bag that is easy to carry. Temperatures on the Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route are typically 10 to 15 degrees Celsius colder than in Nagoya. Warm winter clothing will be necessary while traversing the route. Please participate in shoes which are easy to walk in. Participants may leave unneeded luggage on the tour charter bus, but note that the bus will take a different route from Tateyama Station to Ogizawa. On Day 2, the tour will sightsee in areas exceeding 2,000 meters in elevation. Temperatures will be 10 to 15 degrees Celsius cooler than Nagoya, the departure location. The typical high temperatures are 10 to 13 degrees Celsius in September, and 5 to 10 degrees in October, so warm clothing will be required. Snowfall is also possible. Shoes which are easy to walk in, sunglasses, gloves, pocket warmers, scarves, hats, rain gear (rain coat or poncho rather than an umbrella), etc. will be useful to have.
8. Note that lunch and dinner are not included on Day 1 and Day 2. There is a service for hotel guests providing discounts at 6 of the hotel restaurants (excluding the sushi restaurant). Please ask at the hotel front desk for details.
Participants are responsible for paying for all charges not included in the tour booking charge such as drinks, food and other services at the hotel.
Breakfast at Toyama Dai-ichi Hotel will be a Japanese/Western-style buffet. Special menus for those with allergies or other dietary restrictions are not available.
9. The Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route is a sightseeing destination with many stairways, hills, and transportation transfers. Seating is non-reserved on all vehicles when passing through the Alpine Route, but participants may have to stand or sit with other people when vehicles are near or at capacity. Only folding-type wheelchairs may be brought. Wheelchair rentals are not available on the alpine route. Please bring your own. There is 1 handicap access restroom at Bijodaira, Murodo, Daikanbo, Kurobeko, and Ogizawa, and separate handicap access restrooms for men and women at Tateyama Station. If participating in a wheelchair, 1 accompanying participant must also come along to assist the wheelchair-bound participant.