1. Planning Company: JTB Japan Travel Corp.
Address: 2-3-11 Higashi-Shinagawa, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo
Japan Tourism Agency Registered Travel Agent (No. 1955)
2. If the minimum number of participants (1) is not met by 14 days before the scheduled date, the tour on that date may be cancelled.
3. Please inform us of your accommodation and contact details for the day prior to the tour. If the tour is cancelled, customers will be notified by the conducting company or their travel agent.
4. Depending on operational circumstances, certain tour dates may be cancelled, or tour operation may cease entirely.
5. Altitudes at various parts of the mountain are 2,300 m at the 5th Station, 3,000 m at the 7th Station mountain hut where the tour will stop to sleep for a short period, and 3,500 m at the peak, where temperatures often fall below 5 degrees Celsius and the temperature difference compared to the 5th Station may be more than 15 degrees Celsius. Please prepare all necessary cold weather gear, and be sure to confirm what to bring and wear for the tour. http://www.japanican.com/~/media/en/misc/pdf/mtfujiclimb.pdf
Rental service for mountain climbing gear is available. Customers who are interested must contact the service on their own to make an application. Advance reservations are required for rentals. When reserving, please mention that you will be participating on JTB Sunrise Tours.
Yamatoya Building 6F, 1-13-7 Nishi-Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo
5-min walk from JR Shinjuku Station
5-min walk from Tochomae Station (Toei Oedo Line)
6. Take precautions to avoid altitude sickness, which can occur as the air thins at high altitude, such as getting enough sleep the night before the tour, and repeatedly check your physical condition while climbing.
7. The purpose of this course is to see the sunrise from Mt. Fuji, so all participants will climb to a mountain hut accommodation above the 7th station on Day 1. Participants may be unable to see the sunrise from the mountain due to weather or crowding on the mountain path, but please understand that these will not be accepted as reasons for a refund.
8. Generally the tour will be carried out even in the case of rain, but in the case of bad weather at Mt. Fuji the tour conductors and mountain guide will determine whether to halt the tour with first consideration to safety. Also, the above times, climbing time, route, and arrival times may vary greatly depending on weather and crowding conditions.
9. This is a shared tour with Japanese tourists. An English-speaking tour conductor will accompany Sunrise Tours participants. The English-speaking tour conductor will accompany you throughout the entire tour, and a Japanese-speaking mountain guide will also accompany you from the 5th station to the peak and back.
10. Since the creation of a participant name list is required for safety purposes, we ask that all participants please provide their names and emergency contact details on the first day of the tour.
11. Participants choosing to use a mountain hut accommodation other than Toyokan, the hut prepared for this tour, are responsible for all expenses.
12. The mountain hut accommodation consists of a mixed men’s and women’s room with bunk beds, and less than 1 mat of space per person (about 1m by 2m). There are no bathing facilities at the mountain hut, and non-flushing Japanese-style toilets are available outside.
13. If you are late for the Day 2 departure from Mt. Fuji Lake Kawaguchi 5th Station (around 11:30, to be determined on Day 2 of the tour), you will be responsible for the transportation costs to your next destination.
14. There is no vegetarian option for dinner on Day 1 or breakfast on Day 2. Those with dietary restrictions should prepare and bring their meals for mountain climbing. Dinner on the 1st day is hamburg steaks, and breakfast on the 2nd day is 2 pieces of inarizushi (rice wrapped in fried tofu). Participants can order additional drinks and food at the mountain hut at their own expense.
15. Children 5 years and under cannot participate on this tour. Those between 6 and 15 years old must be accompanied by someone age 20 or older.
16. Mountain accident insurance is not included in this tour. (Customers of non-Japanese nationality are unable to enroll in Japanese mountain accident insurance.) We recommend customers enroll in overseas travel insurance before leaving their country.
17. The Mt. Fuji entrance fee is not included in the tour booking price. This fee may be paid at Mt. Fuji on a voluntary basis.
18. According to Yamanashi prefecture ordinance, persons with tattoos are prohibited from bathing in hot springs. Customers with tattoos are unable to bathe at Benifuji-no-Yu.